The Role of the Governing Body is strategic in nature. The Department for Education’s Governance Handbook identifies three core functions being:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic decision.
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Members of the Governing Body are appointed based on their skills in order to contribute to effective governance and the success of the Academy.
Governors form the Academy Governing Committee (AGC) for each Academy. The AGC is a committee of the Trust and oversee the functions of Academies as delegated to them by the Board of Directors. The AGC is quorate when 51% of the membership is present. The AGC has five key functions.
- Ensuring the Academy is working to its ethos within the Mission and Values of the LET.
- Holding the Principal and senior staff to account for the educational performance of the Academy and ensuring that young people have a high quality and relevant curriculum with the appropriate resources for all abilities.
- Ensuring the Academy is meeting all the relevant safeguarding regulations and creating a supportive environment for its children and young people to learn.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Academy, ensuring good value for money and ensuring the buildings and facilities are safe and fit for purpose.
- Overseeing and providing Governor input to the Academies key plans and policies.
|Title||Date of Appointment||Appointee||Term||Attendance (%, year to date)|
|Andrew Breckon||Chief Executive Officer||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||100%|
|Andrew Everard||Chair of Governors||1/9/19||Trust Board||2 Yr||100%|
|Steve Baragwanath||Executive Principal||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||100%|
|Liam Davé||Principal||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||100%|
|Simon Gilman||Vice Principal||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||100%|
|Stuart Morrow||Staff Governor||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||100%|
|Michelle Papworth||Staff Governor||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||100%|
|Derek O'Sullivan||Governor||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||100%|
|Gillian Ross||Governor||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||100%|
|Gary Chappell||Governor||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||50%|
|Julie Oliver||Parent Governor||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||100%|
|Russell Taylor||Parent Governor||1/9/19||Trust Board||1 Yr||0%|
Declaration of Interests
|Name||Existing employment/ previous employment with continued interest.||Appointments.||Membership of professional bodies.||Significant or material shareholdings or interests in listed companies/ Investments in unlisted companies.|
|Steve Baragwanath||Lincolnshire Educational Trust||Former Foundation Director||NAHT||None|
|Andrew Breckon||LET. Education Consultant for AMB Education Consultancy Ltd.||North York Moors National Park Authority (voluntary). Director of AMB Education Consultancy Ltd. Governor of UAH, Holbeach Primary Academy, Gosberton House Academy and UALS||Life fellow of the RSA||Major holding in AMB Education Consultancy Ltd.|
|Liam Davé||Edwina Davé - teacher at UAH||None||NUT||None|
|Simon Gilman||Jacqui Gilman - employee of UALS||None||ASCL||None|
|Derek O'Sullican||Daughter employed at Rainbow Nursery.||Governor of Alderman Payne Primary School, Parson Drove||Friends of UALS||N/A|
|Michelle Papworth||Partner has previously taken photos for the school prom.||N/A||NEU||N/A|
|Gillian Ross||None||None||Friends of UALS||None|
No governors declared any gifts or hospitality of a value more than £25 accepted by them in the last 12 months from external bodies or companies in relation to Academy activities.