Please find a list of the Academy’s uniform expectations:
- - Blazer with Academy logo (available from Rob Horspool, Design and Embroidery).
- - White shirt - must be worn and the top button done up. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- - Academy tie (available from Rob Horspool, Design and Embroidery) must be worn correctly with six stripes visible.
- - Black jumper, with Academy logo (available from Rob Horspool, Design and Embroidery). The wearing of jumpers is completely optional, however should not be tucked into trousers or skirts.
- - Black trousers or skirt; skirt should no shorter than 3” above knee length (see diagram below). No tube skirts. Pupils are expected to wear appropriate black trousers which does not include fitted/fashion trousers i.e. skinny fit jeans/trousers which are tapered at the ankle nor are leggings allowed. Trousers with buttons down the front, motifs, gems, fashion labels or wording are not permissible.
- - Shoes must be plain black, smart office type with no motifs, coloured stitching or coloured/reflective areas.
Training shoes, boots, plimsolls, casual shoes and pumps are not permitted footwear even if they are black. Backless, suede or cloth footwear is not allowed because it presents a potential Health and Safety risk.
- - Socks/tights - socks must be either ankle or knee length (i.e. just below the knee), plain black or white and tights must be black, natural, plain and not patterned. Coloured, frilled or over the knee socks are not allowed.
- - Belts - can be worn but they must be plain black with no studs or decoration.
- - Clothing made from denim and corduroy, including jeans, is not permitted in the Academy.
- - Jewellery - wristwatches are allowed as are one pair of stud earrings with one stud per ear lobe, a necklace inside the shirt and a flat ring. No other jewellery or body piercings will be permitted. The rationale behind these decisions concerns safety and security.
- - Hair Colour should be natural, no bright colours, no stripes or patches and no bandanas. Hair should be no shorter than a Grade 1 in length with no patterns/stripes shaved in.
- - Nail varnish and false nails are not permitted to be worn in the Academy.
In PE pupils should bring their PE kit to every lesson even if they are unwell to participate as a performer. Pupils who are excused on medical grounds need to hand in their note to their PE teacher and continue to get changed. These pupils will then be given other roles such as coaching or officiating.
Compulsory PE Kit:
BOYS: UALS PE POLO SHIRT , SHORTS OR TRACKSUIT BOTTOMS, BLACK FOOTBALL SOCKS.
GIRLS: UALS PE POLO SHIRT, SHORTS/TRACKSUIT BOTTOMS/SKORT OR SPORTS LEGGINGS, BLACK FOOTBALL SOCKS.
ADVISORY ITEMS: SHIN GUARDS, MOUTH GUARD
Rob Horspool Design and Embroidery is our supplier of uniform his website is:www.designandembroidery.co.uk
Telephone: 01945 871511 to make an appointment